“A properly rigged boat may not necessarily win the race for you, but a poorly rigged boat will impede the performance of your crew and cause technique problems that are difficult to correct” (Coaching Manual)
- Backstay Supports the swivel pin to the boat and is adjustable
- Gate Bar across a rowlock/swivel to retain the oar.
- Oarlock/rowlock A bracket which swivels on the end of the outrigger to support the oar.
- Pin/Swivel pin The pin on which the gate rotates.
- Rigger A framework to support the rowlock which is placed approximately 78-88cm from the centre of the boat.